Thursday, June 30, 2005

Hand of God


Koa Wood 002
Originally uploaded by Uncle Fatso.
Well, I've been publishing updates on this little art project on my other blog, but I guess it's more apropriete here. Linx is more a brainstorming/business sight. (you can check out the previous pics there)

I'm learning that burning wood is much harder than I thought. It's tough! Anyway, I hope this keeps turning out the way it should...I'm really excited about this piece! For a long time I have been over-busy to pursue any sort of art (not that I consider myself an artist) at all. Even music, which has been really hard for me. I just decided when I found this wood that I wanted to do something cool with it; it's been really cathartic to work with my hands on something besides building stuff.

Also, for some reason, the Sistene Chapel has struck me for maybe the last 10 years. Something about it, what it represents, the increadible beauty of it has reverberated in me every time I see it. I had this poster on my wall for a long time, now I'm burning it in koa, and I've been planning for a long time to tattoo it on my back. Obsess much?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

I never knew anyone who did this with wood. It looks really great.

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home