Friday, May 20, 2005

Fun Sucker

When did I become chief-operating-fun-sucker? I remember when I was a card-carrying member of the Anti-Funsucker-Union (AFU) but somewhere between then and now I have changed rolles...responsiblity and leadership (and maybe my own character) have created in me an old-man-syndrome. I hate it.

You know, I look at some friends of mine and I can tell why I love them so much. I have several good friends who are kinda neo-hippies. They don't care about work or schedules so much, they are always sponaneously fun...I am realizing I like them so much because I've always wanted to be that, but I am not. Part of me is, I think...but ultimately I want to accomplish, complete, fulfill.

I dream of spending life under a tree at the beach, playing guitar, addicted to Jesus and nicotene, but I know it would drive me crazy too. I just wish I knew what I wanted and could do that. (Is that so hard?!)

Too bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

Hey man, I'm a mom, and I want to be fun too, but we kind of get wrapped up in relationship responsibilities--be it family, work, whatever. Next thing you know, you aren't eating dessert first anymore.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home