Thursday, May 12, 2005

Let's get it started here.

OK, I'm up at the anus of dawn, supposed to be working, but I'm not. Fire me. I just finished a big ol' job and so I'm just waiting to figure out what I'm doing next. It's ok.

I tiled the little kitchen area in our office, and so of course to do that I had to pull everything out of there...fridge, carpet, file cabinets, you name it. So while I was tiling our fridge was sitting outside on a covered patio and there was this big push to finish the tile in order to put the fridge back. Alright. Good. I finished tiling, sealing, all that good stuff. So I was gonna put the fridge back--except the only person around was an 80 year old architech, he couldn't do too much. I decided I'd just muscle the fridge back in...which proved to be quite a feat. I dollied it up and started taking it back inside, not remembering it was a three person job to get it outside in the first place. I bullied and shoved, manipulated that beast around the corners and got to the final doorway. By the way, when you're moving a fridge alone you learn things quickly, like if you pull a refridgerator into a hallway, you're stuck in front of said fridge....so I had to jump over this beast a couple of times to get infront/behind it. It was a good time. After a few minutes of exertion I got to the last doorway and figured it was cake time. But no, I realized as I went this refridgerator was really just barely narrower than the door...which meant for some fancy twists and pulling. I think I scratched my sweet fresh tile job a couple times in this process since the fridge doesn't have the little rollers for some reason, and I cut up the door frame. (Fortunately it is only superficial--I'll just touch up the paint) The end is in sight! I just had to get the fridge snug to the wall and I was finished! I re-organized the contents as the mustard, garlic, syrup (why is there syrup and garlic in an office fridge?!) and considered the job done! Hallelujah!

About 15 minutes later I got a call from my boss. "Hey, I see you got the fridge back into the room! Well, I decided I want to buy a new small fridge to put in that back kitchen." WHAT?! So today I will probably pull the bastard out again. I'm gonna get help this time.

This is why I'm not concerned about getting started today on time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

We hired some movers to help us with the big stuff--and you know these skinny, coffee sucking, cigarette-smoking carny-worker-looking guys--they each can lift a fridge on their back and carry it around the place. How do they do it?

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home