Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Top 5

Remember the movie High Fidelety? I really liked it, with John Cusack and Jack Black and the woman from the cosby show who was married to Lenny Cravitz? (aparently I remember everything about her but her name...)
Well, I loved that movie and my best friend Luke and I would always do the top fives like they did. Like top five albums, top five singles, top five female artists, etc.

I always love to learn what people's music taste is and so I think alot about top fives in my head.

Here's my top five albums of all time. (in no particular order.)

1. Tea for the Tillerman, Cat Stevens
2. Rage Against the Machine, self titled
3. Deja Vu, CSNY
4. Joshua Tree, U2
4. Catch a Fire, Bob Marley
5. IV, Led Zeplin

OK, I needed to slip a 6th one in there, so there's a tie on one number. It's hard to think of all these great all-around albums and pick only 5. I skipped the Doors, Radiohead, all Beatles albums, and so many more...but certain albums are good all the way through. You can listen to them over and over...and if you see one of these on a jukebox in a bar you've got to play it, right? So that's a taste of good, good music.

What's your top five?

P.S. look for more t5l in the future.

4 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

Lisa Bonet.

Anyway, my top 5 of all time:

"10" by Pearl Jam
"Blood Sugar Sex Magic" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Rock Steady" by No Doubt
"Achtung Baby" by U2
"Jagged Little Pill" by Alanis Morrisette

4:21 AM  
Blogger RollersCait said...

"Graceland" by Paul Simon
"White Album" by Beatles
"No Angel" by Dido
"Best of Friends" by Loggins & Messina
"Gorillaz" by Gorillaz

Honorable Mentions to the Soundtrack of Garden State and Led IV and Physical Graffiti and Esquivel

Uncle Fatso has really good music tastes and I always learn about great new stuff from him.
You may say he is the shizzle...

6:55 AM  
Blogger Uncle Fatso said...

I like reading these lists...I remember in highschool listening to that Chili Pepper cd with friends, just enjoying Under the Bridge--Flea is one of my bass-idols.

And Graceland...aaah...our dad used to dance around with us on his feet listening to this cd. And the Loggins and Messina record too!

I guess that's one reason I'm so big on music lists...it has such a strong attachment to memory for me...

5:43 PM  
Blogger Uncle Fatso said...

Man, I just looked at my list and saw absolutely no Bob Dylan! Where is my mind?! (no Pixies either!!) I like doing top fives because they change almost daily...

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home